Biostar Handbook Updates
This page list the updates to the book.
Please note that you have to be logged in to access the book.
August 8th, 2017
A chapter on Metagenomics has been added
- Introduction to metagenomics
- How to analyze metagenomics data
- Taxonomies and classification
- Microbial sequence data
- Classifying 16S sequences
- Human Metagenome Demonstration Projects
- Classifying whole-genome sequences
- A realistic sample: Alaska Oil Reservoir
- Tool installation
July 4th, 2017
April 6, 2017
A chapter on Chip-Seq analysis has been added:
- ChIP-Seq introduction
- ChIP-Seq alignments
- ChIP-Seq peak calling
- ChIP-Seq motifs
- ChIP-Seq analysis
- ChIP-Seq downstream 1
- ChIP-Seq downstream 2
January 28, 2017
Added the following sections:
- What is sequence assembly
- Assembly basics
- GAGE: Evaluation of genome assemblies
- Genome assembly terminology
- How to set parameters
- The lucky bioinformatician's guide to genome assembly
- How to perform a genome assembly
- Installing assembly software
Added a better web search interface that highlights the matches.
December 14, 2016
Archive contains PDF, MOBI and EPUB formats.
- Added the RNA-Seq Puzzle.
- Started section on Interval Data Types.
- Added more information on dealing with anxiety in data analysis.
- Proofreading and many other stylistic changes.
December 5, 2016
The first version of the book is released.